Matthews & Goodman is a commercial property specialist using over 150 years of experience to provide deep market consultancy services for corporate occupiers, developers, lenders and owners.
The company mostly deals with B2B commercial property services such as acquisition and disposal, building consultancy, lease consultancy, property management, and valuations.
The Matthews & Goodman website had no SEO framework in place, including the fact that they weren't tracking their enquiries and so weren't able to monitor where their clients and leads were coming from. They also had very thin content compared to their competitors and they didn't have a clear understanding of who their audience - this resulted in confusing web content.
Aside from content and SEO issues, the website also had several technical and design issues that was affecting the website's user experience.
In order to improve the website, we set up a series of targets:
- Proven results - more good quality traffic and enquiries
- Increase visibility within local search, specifically in the north west
- Improve understanding of the website’s visitors
- Create a better user experience on the site to enhance conversions
To meet these goals, we carried out the following activities:
- SEO audit of the website, identifying any technical issues hindering the site’s organic performance
- Keyword research to identify the key terms to drive organic traffic to the site
- Creation of a keyword map to identify what key terms to include on each page
- Source and securing of local citations and directory listings
- Review of the website’s backlinks to spot opportunities for link building and make suggestions for improvements
- Link building on authoritative websites
- Regular checking of user behaviour on the website using web tools to recommend changes to improve user experience
- Monthly Google Analytics reviews to track the website’s improvements and identify opportunities for further optimisations
Our work for Matthews & Goodman produced the following results:
- 37% increase in contact form enquiries
- 156% increase in overall traffic
- 194% increase in direct traffic
- 149% increase in organic traffic
- 64% increase in referral traffic
Local Search Traffic
- 'Manchester' related searched increased by 348%
- 'Liverpool' related searches increased by 212%
- 'London' related searches increased by 200%