- Type: Permanent
- Start Date: ASAP
We are looking for a PHP Magento developer to join our strong team. You’ll play an important role in the technical design of many of our multi-million pound clients; Helping to implement the technologies and practices to help their business grow and platforms scale. You will also create brochure style CMS websites, and help to improve our PHP based recruitment platform.
- Module & theme creation for Magento 1 and 2
- Creating websites & packages in Concrete5
- Comfortable working on both the backend and frontend of projects
- Maintaining existing applications, patching and bug fixing
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimise the application code, and frontend asset deliver for maximum speed and scalability
- To implement security and data protection practices
- Supporting Project Managers to provide understanding of technical requirements and dependencies
- Integrations into backend systems & creation of APIs
- SCSS or similar CSS preprocessor
- Gulp / Grunt
- Experience with Module Development in Magento
- Knowledge of any modern PHP framework such as symfony
- Comfortable working on unix based systems (MacOS, Debian, Centos etc.)
- Experience using Version Control (GIT)
- MySQL, including EAV data structures.
- Understanding of containerization software such as Docker/Kubernetes
- Understanding of Server-side caching technologies or database systems ( varnish, Redis, Memcache)
- Node.JS & NPM
- Experience with using XHPROF
- Able to communicate in GIFs
A Bit About I-COM
I-COM is a growing, full-service digital agency based in Manchester city centre with a wide range of clients, from small single-person law firms to large multi-national e-commerce brands. We only employ people who take pride in their work, are enthusiastic about delivering results for our clients and innovating to maximise the effectiveness of their campaigns.
If that sounds like you, get in touch!
To apply,send us a copy of your CV and covering message using the form below.