Lanes for Drains
- Conversion Rate Optimisation
- Digital Marketing
- PR & Outreach
- Content Marketing
Lanes for Drains is an industrial, commercial and domestic drain specialist with depots across the UK. Services include unblocking, jetting, cleaning, repairs, surveys and management.
The overarching business objectives were to:
- Increase the number of enquiries received via the website
- Improve the order potential (revenue) of these enquiries
- Raise brand awareness
To achieve these goals, we devised the ‘Fatberg Fighters’ educational campaign aimed at children, parents, teachers and the general public to teach them what can, and cannot be disposed of down drains.
Every year, Lanes for Drains excavates hundreds of fatbergs (congealed lumps of fat, oil, grease and other items such as wet wipes and condoms) from UK sewers. Fatbergs are a man-made issue, caused by a lack of awareness for what can and cannot be put down drains, causing a multitude of environmental problems.
- Secure links to the website
- Generate brand citations and links back
- Demonstrate expertise and thought leadership
- Drive traffic to the website
- Grow organic traffic
- Increase engagement with the website
- Give back to the community
We created two lesson plans, (The ‘Fatberg Fighter', ‘Hidden Plastics' factfiles and 'The Damage We're Doing' infographic), which were delivered with teachers in a number of schools. These were added to a purpose-built educational resource onsite page (generating over 1,000 views to date) along with video content explaining the campaign.
We also ran a survey to generate newsworthy unique statistics about the issue, securing over 60 pieces of coverage.
Finally, we implemented a variety of onsite activities, which included:
- Growing-long tail traffic through the provision of quality, long-form advice content.
- Building new citations and correcting all inconsistent citations and directory details for individual depots to improve local visibility in the search results
With all of the combined campaign activity, we successfully realised the target business goals by boosting website enquiries by 41%, year-on-year, which in turn increased the total order potential value by 209% .
In addition, the website saw a year-on-year increase in organic search traffic of 32% and the visibility of the top four target keywords improved dramatically with impressions increasing, on average, by over 50%.
The Fatberg Fighter's campaign was recognised and celebrated as a finalist at the national 2019 Effective Digital Marketing Awards by Masterclassing in the Most Effective Search Marketing Campaign category.
Our next campaign for Lanes, Sinner or Binner? was a finalist for the Northern Marketing Awards 2019. Find out we secured this nomination here.