A Great Opportunity
Our Technical SEO Team is responsible for developing and implementing SEO strategies that improve the commercial performance of our clients' websites helping them reach new audiences and improve engagement with existing customers.
As an SEO Strategist at I-COM you will review and analyse your clients' sites performance and work with a team of specialist content and outreach marketers to develop and implement targeted strategies designed to achieve their specific objectives.
You will be responsible for all aspects of your clients' site performance delivering successful outcomes by:
- Undertaking keyword research & trend analysis and U/X reviews to identify opportunities for improved targeting and performance
- Conducting crawl analysis and on-site SEO/technical audits and backlink reviews that highlight opportunities for performance improvements
- Working with the development team to ensure best practice, avoid negative impacts and missed opportunities
- Planning SEO strategies and managing tasks to ensure they are delivered on time and on-budget
- Managing sitemaps, tags, schema & hreflang to improve organic visibility in search engines
- Communicating effectively with clients and other team members to ensure strategies are understood and delivered
- Producing, analysing and interpreting KPI reports to provide insight to focus marketing activity
- Keeping up to date with SEO trends, best-practice and changes in Google’s algorithm
- Providing support and assistance to junior SEO team members
We're looking for a person who has:
- A genuine passion for SEO, staying up to date with the latest developments, trends and Google updates within the industry.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in an SEO focused role ideally within an agency environment
- Demonstrable understanding of key technical SEO factors (indexation, redirects, backlinking, duplication, site architecture, page speed, canonical links, Schema, international hreflang, robots.txt and sitemaps etc.)
- Thorough understanding of tools relevant to SEO (Searchmetrics, Majestic, Moz, Ahrefs, SEMRush, Screaming Frog, Google Search Console, Bing Webmaster Tools, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager etc.)
- Ability to carry out detailed keyword research and identify relevant terms
- Excellent Microsoft office skills, with emphasis on Excel & PowerPoint
- Knowledge and experience of HTML and CSS
- A broad understanding of the wider digital marketing mix, for example, content marketing, PPC and social media
- A detailed understanding of how marketing decisions affect the commercial performance of a client's business.
- Experience with a variety of platforms such as Magento2, Concrete, WordPress, Shopify, etc.
Your Approach to Work
At I-COM the way you operate is just as important as the experience you already have. We are looking for the ideal person who has:
- A can-do attitude and is not afraid to get stuck in
- A strategic approach, supported by a “gut instinct” affinity with websites and how they could be perceived by search engines
- Good client-facing skills and is able to present findings and data in an easy to understand way
- An overarching focus on commercial objectives
- Excellent general communication skills including written and spoken English
- Can clearly demonstrate setting and reaching goals within appropriate timescales
- The ability to work well under pressure both independently and part of a team
- Ambition and dedication to develop their career in a fun friendly environment
What you'll get from us
- A great environment in which you will work among cross-disciplinary teams to help us grow our clients’ revenues as well as your own skillset. We’re a very friendly and sociable bunch, but we also like to get our head down and focus on delivering results.
- A competitive wage (hurrah!) - dependent upon experience
- Profit related bonus scheme
- A share in the ownership of the business through our Employee Trust
- 20 days' holiday (plus a shutdown between Christmas and New Year and bank holidays) rising by one day per year up to a maximum of 25 days
- Scope and encouragement to take your role as far as you want
- Pension scheme
No agency applications thank you.