- Type: Permanent
- Start Date: ASAP
I-COM are looking for a talented, technical SEO specialist to head up our SEO and web optimisation team.
That means we are looking for a leader capable of taking responsibility to the agency's approach to improving organic performance across our accounts.
You will be responsible for ensuring that I-COM's SEO offering remains up to date, in line with ongoing changes to search engine algorithms and web technology.
You will also be responsible for managing and mentoring the SEO team more generally, helping them to improve their wider skills and to meet their personal objectives.
In addition, you will be required to work with the Head of Strategy to ensure that the wider business remains up to date with changes to search engine algorithms and that other teams understand the impact of changes on our clients and how we deliver our work.
You will be expected to deliver continuous improvement in the way in which I-COM delivers SEO through innovation and improvements, as well as through introducing new tools and techniques.
What's more, we will want you to work closely with the Head of Digital Marketing and the Head of Brand Marketing, PPC & Analytics, and the Project Management team to ensure that all work is delivered with SEO in mind and with the required level of optimisation.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate would:
- A technical SEO background, ideally in an agency
- 3+ years experience in a senior SEO role
- Have an advanced understanding of technical SEO, both on-site and off-site
- Have an understanding of UX/CRO and how to identify and solve basic problems relating to user experience
- Have an understanding Google’s algorithm (and Bing if possible, etc.) and how a search engine works and how recent updates have impacted sites
- Be familiar with key SEO tools including Analytics, Search Console, Google Tag manager, Majestic, SEMRush, SearchMetrics, Screaming Frog, Moz, Xenu, etc.
- Have a good knowledge of working with CMS-driven websites, in particular Concrete5 and Magento.
- Be able to identify upsell opportunities and communicate them internally
- Have a basic understanding of HTML, CSS and JS (coding experience would be good, but isn't necessary)
- Be able to run complete technical and content audits
- Be able to explain technical SEO issues in layman's terms to clients
- Have an understanding of local, mobile and voice search
In this role the candidate will be responsible for:
- Managing the SEO team and oversee their continuing development
- Ensuring the SEO work undertaken by the team is up to the most recent standards required and of the best possible quality
- Ensuring that Brand Marketers, Account Managers, BDMs and other SEOs understand industry developments and their impact on our clients
- Working with Head of Analytics to develop and improve the CRO/UX offering
- Ensuring that work delivered by other teams is best optimised for search, in particular any content, development or social media work
- Identifying ways to innovate and improve the efficiency and efficacy of our SEO offering through new techniques/tactics and tools
- Being actively involved with a discrete set of larger/more difficult clients in terms of strategy, communication and work delivery
- Working closely with Lead Strategists to help troubleshoot any issues with the team or the SEO work
- Where required, supporting the Head of Strategy in helping the sales team win business
- Working with the Head of Strategy and other Managers to ensure that strategies are always taking the latest digital marketing developments into account, to react quickly to changes in the landscape and take advantage of new tools and opportunities and innovation
- Helping the Managers to drive innovation by working with them to understand changes to product offerings and new product offerings and to help them test new ideas out on client campaigns
- Delivering up to 100 billable client hours of SEO work/month
A bit about I-COM
I-COM is a full-service digital agency based in Manchester city centre with a wide range of clients, from small single-person firms to large multi-national e-commerce brands. We only employ people who take pride in their work, are enthusiastic about delivering results for our clients and innovating to maximise the effectiveness of their campaigns.
What you’ll get from us:
- A great environment in which you will work among cross-disciplinary teams to help us grow our clients’ revenues as well as your own skillset. We’re a very friendly and sociable bunch, but we also like to get our head down and focus on delivering results.
- A competitive wage - dependent upon experience
- 20 days' holiday (excluding bank holidays and shutdown between Christmas and New Year) rising by one day per year up to a maximum of 25 days
- Ping pong table and table football
- Scope and encouragement to take your role as far as you want
- Potential for management as the team grows
- Regular socials
- Pension scheme
- And more!