- Type: Permanent
- Start Date: ASAP
We seek a lover of language... a grammar geek... a content king/queen to join our growing content, PR and outreach team.
Are you creative, with a record of planning, delivering and promoting content that gets people talking?
Do you know how to use outreach and PR activities to get your content seen by your target audience?
Are you a talented writer that generates top-notch web copy first time, every time?
Can you understand complex ideas, products and messages and explain them in an easy-to-understand manner?
Do you have an unbreakable attention to detail? Are you a meticulous editor of your work and the work of your colleagues? Does poor grammar make you seriously pissed off?
If so, you could be the right person for us.
- Create, lead and execute content/earned media strategies on behalf of clients to meet a range of objectives e.g. improved brand awareness, improved search visibility, increased conversions, etc
- Collaborate on promotional plans for getting your content seen
- Write a range of short and long-form web copy - from landing pages, blog posts and news stories to infographic content, reports and white papers, and so on
- Sub-edit content created by other members of the content team
- Creativity - an ability to find and execute unique ways of telling a story or communicating information. A desire to innovate and help to push the content team forward
- Curiosity - an interest in and understanding of current affairs and a desire to learn new things
- Excellent writing skills and knowledge of grammar
- Experience - a minimum of 2 years in a professional writing capacity
- An understanding of PR and outreach
- An understanding of content’s role in SEO
- Analytical - be comfortable finding newsworthy stories within statistics and research
- Attention to detail - pride in your work and the desire to create the best possible pieces of work
- Teamwork - much of our strategists’ work takes place alongside client teams that comprise web optimisation specialists, client services managers, PR & outreach professionals, and so on. You will need to be able to work within that team to decide on the best possible digital marketing strategies and campaigns to drive results for that client
- Initiative - you will be responsible for managing your own workload and for leading content strategies from inception to completion
- Adaptable - be comfortable working on B2B/B2C clients from a wide range of industries and have the ability to adapt your tone of voice to suit different audiences
A Bit About I-COM
I-COM is a growing, full-service digital agency based in Manchester city centre with a wide range of clients, from small single-person law firms to large multi-national e-commerce brands. We only employ people who take pride in their work, are enthusiastic about delivering results for our clients and innovating to maximise the effectiveness of their campaigns.
If that sounds like you, get in touch!
To apply, email email@example.com with a CV and covering letter.