Last week we took the I-COM team out to host a charity fundraiser quiz for our friends at the Mustard Tree. We’ve been fundraising for Mustard Tree for the past two years and in that time, we’ve managed to raise over £2,000!
Mustard Tree is a fantastic Manchester charity that for the past 25 years, has worked to promote sustainable solutions to homelessness. Take a look below at what donations to the charity can fund, and why we’ve decided to help them:
- £1000 pays for an individual to participate and graduate from its life-transforming Freedom Project
- £150 keeps a van running to pick up donations and deliver furniture for one week
- £100 allows the charity to equip a single person's home with furniture
- £50 allows the charity to donate a fridge to someone in need
- £20 pays for a food parcel to feed a family for five days
- £10 pays for a food parcel to feed a hungry person for five days
As we’re all too aware, homelessness is a real issue in Manchester, so we’re happy to support Mustard Tree however we can. When we spoke to Seven Bro7hers about hosting the event there, they were happy to support and offered the venue for free, along with a prize for the raffle (*Side note - Seven Bro7hers is crowdfunding at the moment, see how you can get involved here).
We sent out our invites and requests for raffle prizes and were overwhelmed by the fantastic response - within a week we’d filled all of the team places and received some amazing prizes for the raffle. We ended up with an amazing set of raffle prizes and would like to say a huge thank you to the prize providers including:
- Afternoon tea for 2 at Slattery Patissier & Chocolatier
- £50 Amazon voucher supplied by JMW
- Gift pack for 4 and branded glass, from SEVENBRO7HERS BREWERY
- 3 course meal for two at 20 Stories, provided by I-COM
- A selection of garden and homeware products, provided by Hayes Garden World
- £60 John Lewis Voucher provided by PowderBeds
- £50 ASOS voucher, provided by Lanes for Drains
- 1x Krug-Baumen men's gold & diamond watch, supplied by Watches2u
- Noodle goody bag from Mr Lee's Pure Foods Co
- Selection of beers from Best of British Beer
So Thursday rolled around and we gathered all of our best quiz attendees and headed to the Seven Brothers Brewery in Ancoats ready for six rounds of questions ranging from dingbats to general knowledge. There was a fantastic turnout of 80 attendees, and everyone did really well! You can see a picture of the winning team and their prize haul below:
Overall, the quiz was a resounding success and between raffle tickets and entry fees, we raised £626.60 for Mustard Tree in one night!
We just wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone who came to the quiz, paid their entry fee and bought raffle tickets, thanks to Graham for hosting, to Laura and Liam for arranging the event, and to the brands which supported the event with prizes.
Keep your eyes on the I-COM Twitter account for more details of our next event!