We all know building up a relationship with the person you’ve just started dating can be pretty daunting in real life. There is, for a period of time, the getting to know each other phase – whether over coffee, a light lunch or if you’ve got a penchant for cranberry cocktails, you ask each other a million and one questions.
But this all takes time! And well, quite frankly, I don’t know about you, but with my diary bursting to the seams already, trying to fit in social events, family do’s and never ending ‘to do’ tasks, it appears I don’t have time to give the budding relationship the full attention it quite rightly deserves.
So this brings me nicely to Twitter. Without even rolling out of bed, I can start connecting with someone instantly. So here are 6 reasons why I believe Twitter relationships have the edge over real life relationships:
- Relationships blossom quicker when you only have 140 characters to talk about yourself. Cuts out the small talk and enables quick-fire answers to the questions they’ve just asked – perfect!
- Hiding behind the guise of a computer screen, you can totally lose your inhibitions and flirt outrageously without even having to brush your hair – bonus!
- Domestic bliss is guaranteed! Well, it’s highly unlikely that you are going to argue over whose turn it is to do the dishes now are you?
- In the bad books? This can easily be resolved by favouriting a tweet, ‘twirting’ and declaring your love for said partner to all of your followers
- You can post pictures of yourself all dolled up to the nines for everyone to see, and follow whoever you like without being accused of flirting
- Want to break up with someone? It’s as simple as clicking the ‘unfollow’ button (ouch)