How do you know when you work in an agency? When you overhear nonsense like this spouted in all seriousness:
1. This is possibly the best pork pie I’ve had all weekend
2. James Brown
The divorce lawyer, not the now-deceased Godfather of soul.
3. “Will you judge me if I Instagram my lunch?”
“It’s a Tesco meal deal.”
4. “If you could be any era of Cher, which one would you be?”
[Much debate about Cher’s better years]
“I’d be 80s Cher, and I’d roll in on a cannon.”
5. [To the new guy] “Hi, I’m sort of like the Birthday co-ordinator.”
[The new guy] “Oh. OK.”
[To the new guy] “Yeah. Sorry we forget your Birthday, but here’s your card”.
6. I know a guy who got his girlfriend an eight grand engagement ring.
EIGHT GRAND!?...That’s a house!