Senior-Level SEO Consultant
A bit about us
I-COM is a full-service digital agency based in Manchester city centre with a wide range of clients, from small single-person law firms to large multi-national retailers. We only employ people who are enthusiastic about delivering results for our clients and innovating to maximise the effectiveness of their campaigns.
What we’re after
We are looking for an SEO Consultant with 2+ years experience, preferably agency-side, to take the technical lead across a range of digital marketing projects. The ideal candidate will ensure that the clients’ websites are effectively optimised for search while remaining user friendly. They will also focus on conversion rates and meeting the clients’ commercial objectives for their digital marketing campaigns in the process.
In this role, you will be working on cross-discipline client teams to make sure that the on-site content meets the needs of the campaign and the visitors. You will also be responsible for ensuring that the PR and outreach strategies are search friendly, that link targets are of the highest quality and you will get involved when necessary with helping to negotiate and secure coverage.
As a technical SEO, you will also be involved with the Projects team to ensure that new builds meet the needs of search and to manage the SEO aspects of Go-Lives.
You will have a good understanding of Analytics and how to spot problems and opportunities and you will have a love of the theoretical side of search. You will be up to date on your understanding of Google’s algorithm, and will know how to diagnose and fix both algorithmic and manual penalties. What’s more, you will understand how to identify and correct potential problems before they happen and how to futureproof clients’ websites to ensure that they continue to work as search technology develops and changes.
We want a search expert who is commercially focused and knows where SEO fits into a wider digital marketing campaign in order to drive business. You will be a team player who is comfortable communicating with both the internal team and with the client and can get the client excited about the possibilities of SEO, while still setting expectations correctly.
- Analysis of the performance of websites
- Be able to perform effective keyword research and mapping for both existing and new websites, focused on the commercial targets of the client
- Be able to run technical audits on sites and recommend corrections to an intermediate - expert level
- Be able to run link audits on sites in relation to the Penguin update to an intermediate - expert level
- Be able to identify Google Panda issues and perform audits to fix them
- Understand the commercial needs of the client, and use this to inform your strategies
- Be able to effectively manage a website re-build or new website build from an SEO point of view to ensure no SEO benefit is lost.
- Understand Local Search requirements
- Understand Mobile Search requirements
- Analyse a website at any stage of a campaign. Identify problems and areas for improvement, prioritising the biggest problems and techniques that will have the biggest positive impact
- Be responsible for the monthly and long-term SEO strategies for the clients within the client team, focused on improving the ROI and futureproofing a client’s website against future search engine updates
- Confident and effective communication of strategies to the clients, Account Managers, Lead Strategists, other team members and, where appropriate, the Head of SEO.
- Have a commercial brain - prioritise work in order of effectiveness
- Ideally have experience in Conversion Rate Optimisation, User Experience and User Journey
- Write coherent reports on work and strategies completed
- An expert knowledge of key SEO tools including Analytics, Webmaster Tools, Majestic SEO, SEMRush, Searchmetrics, etc.
- Have an understanding of technical SEO both on site and off site
- Understand the difference between white and black hat
- Have intermediate to expert knowledge of Concrete and Magento, and also some understanding of how to get around CMS’es in general and potential issues
- Have a basic understanding of HTML and CSS (coding experience would be good, but isn’t necessary)
- Have an intermediate to expert understanding of Google’s algorithm (and Bing if possible, etc.) and how a search engine works and how recent updates have impacted sites
- Be able to explain SEO issues in layman’s terms to clients and internally
- Understand schema
- Actively and independently keep up with the latest developments in the SEO industry, and take any new ideas or discoveries to the Head of SEO for discussion and implementation
What you’ll get from us
A great environment in which you will work among cross-disciplinary teams to help us grow our clients’ revenues as well as your own skillset. We’re a very friendly and sociable bunch, but we also like to get our head down and focus on delivering results.
- A competitive wage (hurrah!) - dependent upon experience
- 20 days' holiday (excluding bank holidays and shutdown between Christmas and New Year) rising by one day per year up to a maximum of 25 days
- Scope and encouragement to take your role as far as you want
- Free fruit
- Pension scheme