IT Systems Technician
Ideally you will have a good mixture of experience working with Windows desktops (XP,Win7,Win8) and Linux (CentOS, Debian) Servers.
The role will be to support the technical needs of the business with internal IT support, desktop deployment, system setups and hosting setups (LAMP). You will gain valuable experience in Linux server administration; ideally you will have some experience of shell scripting and you will have understanding of web technologies such as IMAP/POP3/SMTP/HTTP and LDAP.
Working with I-COM you should:
- be willing to learn new skills and challenge yourself.
- be well rounded in a wide range of IT technology and services.
- be enthusiastic about change and continuous improvement.
- be a strong supporter of open source projects.
- enjoy a fast paced environment with plenty of diverse system requirements and solutions.
To be successful you will need to:
- have experience of Building, Installing, maintaining and supporting Linux server(s).
- be comfortable with Configuring and Supporting the following applications and services:
- Apache / NGiNX , MySQL, FTP, Mail Servers
- Have exposure to
- programming languages such as PHP, HTML, SQL
- diagnosing various server issues
- using Linux control panels, such as Plesk.
- be able to assist internal users with desktop related problems.
- have experience of XP desktops and Windows 7.
- be articulate when communicating with external clients.
- be able to manage switch configurations in a multi-VLAN environment.
- be able to monitor and check on a growing number of Linux servers.
- work well as part of a team or on your own.
- be motivated, proactive, honest and above all enthusiastic.
By joining I-COM you will become part of a leading digital agency in the heart of Manchester. You will have to the opportunity to work with many skilled individuals as well as working closely on a day-to-day basis with our Senior Linux System Administrator.