A bit about us
I-COM is a full-service digital agency based in Manchester city centre with a wide range of clients, from small single-person law firms to large multi-national retailers. We only employ people who are enthusiastic about delivering results for our clients and innovating to maximise the effectiveness of their campaigns. Culture fit is really important to us.
What we’re after
We are looking for a new content strategist with 2+ years’ experience in a professional writing capacity (preferably agency-side) to take the content marketing and copywriting lead across a range of digital marketing projects.
You might already be a content strategist, which is great, but equally we’d be happy to consider account managers or PR executives/consultants with strong writing skills. And journalists too. And obviously copywriters who have experience creating different kinds of content on a large scale. Or inbound marketers. Regardless of your background, we want someone who can write and who understands the importance of content and telling a good story.
The ideal candidate will ensure that the clients’ websites contain customer-centric and search-friendly copy that meets the marketing needs of the client. They will also focus on working closely with the PR and Outreach team on developing and executing creative on-site and off-site content marketing strategies aimed at attracting interest from potential customers and influencers across all stages of the buying cycle.
Alongside the PR and Outreach teams, you will also be responsible for ensuring that our content strategies are commercially focused and come within the scope and budget of the campaign but are also innovative, exciting and effective and aimed at the right audience. That means not just devising and creating the content, but ensuring it gets seen by your target audience.
Ideally you will either have a good understanding of Analytics and how to measure and report on the effectiveness of your campaigns as well as being able to use data to spot opportunities or the willingness to learn this quickly. You will be up to date on your understanding of current best practices for content marketing, as well as industry news and developments.
Not that we’re asking for much, but we want a content and writing expert who is creative, loves writing and is excited about seeking out great content and great ideas. Ideally you’ll be able to communicate this enthusiasm and expertise both internally and externally to clients and prospects, leaving them in no doubt as to the objectives and benefits of content strategy and content marketing.
- Generate Ideas
- Responsible for leading, overseeing and developing content strategies within a client team
- Able to identify what makes a good/bad story
- Great at coming up with creative and innovative ideas for content campaigns
- Monitor topical news for key sectors and PR/outreach developments and share opportunities with PR team and head of PR
- Be commercially focussed and be able to spot opportunities with the best ROI
- Understand where we can make improvements with on-site content and copywriting
- Responsible for becoming an expert in each client and industry in which clients operate
- Be a solid content writer with excellent grammar skills
- Strong sub-editing skills
- Comfortable writing different types of content - from short form to long form pieces
- Draft and issue engaging PR material
- Adopt a client’s tone of voice and be able to supply commentary pieces on behalf of clients with minimal input from the client
- Briefing design/development dept on design-focused content
- Ensure media/outreach/distribution lists are up to date and constantly being added to
- Source and create press opportunities
- Secure quality press coverage for clients (including newspapers, magazines, television and radio coverage)
- Build and manage relationships with key journalists, bloggers and webmasters
- Organise press interviews
- Manage blogger relationships and blog ambassador schemes for clients
- Have a good understanding of different social media platforms and how to use them to build a brand
- Be able to pitch feature ideas and secure editorial opportunities
Analyse and review
- Provide reporting which demonstrates campaigns are meeting their objectives
- In-depth understanding of how to measure a content campaign
- Determine whether campaigns are delivering satisfactory ROI
- Expert knowledge of content marketing/content strategy
- Expert knowledge of the possibilities of content
- Able to react quickly to media opportunities and prioritise workload
- Have strong organisational and timekeeping skills
- Confident and effective communication internally and externally
- A good knowledge of digital marketing
- Understand the basics of on-page SEO
- Understand the basics of social media
- Keen to learn and develop own skills
- Analytical and self-critical
- Willing to ask questions and push for their own development
What you’ll get from us
- A great environment in which you will work in cross-disciplinary teams to grow your clients’ revenues as well as your own skillset and understanding of digital marketing as a whole. You will be encouraged to focus on your own career development as well as your clients’ revenues.
- A competitive wage (hurrah!) - dependent upon experience
- 20 days' holiday (excluding bank holidays and shutdown between Christmas and New Year) rising by one day per year up to a maximum of 25 days
- Scope and encouragement to take your role as far as you want
- Free fruit
- Pension scheme